St. James’ offers four unique worship services with three on Sunday and one on Wednesday evening. It takes a dedicated team of staff, clergy and volunteers to make these services happen each week. St. James’ Church understands that worship is an action. Liturgy, prayer and worship become more meaningful by your participation. There are numerous ways to be a part of worship services both in-person, virtual or “behind the scenes”. Training is available for any position and grace abounds for all since the only one who is perfect is God.
- Time required: 1 to 2 hours, once a month, at the 7:30 a.m., 9:00 a.m. or 10:45 a.m. service.
- Special skills needed: Adults or youth who have completed the 5th grade and who is dependable and attentive.
- Training manual, training sessions, and mentoring will be provided.
- Not as hard as it sounds!
- Contact: Becky Coerper (Becky@stjamesskan.org) Bill Buterbaugh (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Time required: 45 minutes to 1 hour – one Saturday morning per month (or an alternate time before Sunday morning) and 15 to 30 minutes – one Sunday morning per month.
- Total: No more than 90 minutes each month. Additional service may be needed, as members are available, to set and clean up after occasional services during the week, such as weddings or funerals.
- Special Skills Needed: A love of our worship services
- Contact: Corinne Buterbaugh (email@example.com) Bill Buterbaugh (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Eucharistic Ministers, Lectors, & Readers of Prayers of the People
- Special skills needed: Excellent reader skills, understanding of this ministry’s importance, responsibility to serve or find a substitute.
- Special skills needed: Adults or youth who have completed the 5th grade and who are dependable and attentive. Training manual, training sessions, and mentoring will be provided. Not as hard as it sounds!
- Contact: Laura Posecznick at (315.685.7600)
Ushers (Sundays 7:30 a.m./9:00 a.m./10:45 a.m.)
- Time required: 1-1.5 hours one Sunday a month (the more we have the more flexible the schedule)
- Contact: Michael Larkin at email@example.com or Laura Posecznick at (315.685.7600)